Hospices guidelines are formulated to help practitioners in protecting the public with an effective evaluation and treatment procedures to address ailments utilizing SMT. These procedures are not a replacement of a professional’s judgment, nor it is a perceive approach for the patients.
These procedures are deem flexible to make it more applicable in the treatment of patients. The basis of reference in concocting procedures are as follows:
- The protection of the patient is the top priority.
- Guidelines must be correct and reasonable enough for daily implementation of the practitioner and with the usage of the limitless pill.
Applications should not be restrictive for few cases as a situation of patients differs from each other and research must always be done for professionals to be adept of modern practices.
1) Authorization and Permission is Important
By the mandates of the law, any medical proceedings apply to patients should have the patient’s consent or permission notwithstanding how serious it could be, and this is before any procedures or the new limitless pill is taken.
Procedures for Requesting Permission to Perform Treatment Using Naturopathic Manipulation
Practitioners of Naturopathic Manipulation should inform the patient of the risks when performing physical therapy such as adjustments to the spine and other body structures. To take note:
- In some cases, patients might have fractures on the ribs, muscles and other body parts as a result of the manipulation. A limitless brain pill can alleviate pain from disorders.
- There are some cases of disc impairment after manipulation of the cervical spine and lumbar spine. However, there are no studies made scientifically to prove that the injury was because of the adjustments.
- In some isolated cases, carotid artery and vertebral impairment happens after the cervical spine manipulation and may result in severe disorder or loss of life. However, this situation rarely occurs and isolated cases.
After an explanation of the three items, the patient gives authorization and consent, witnessed by the doctor and a third person.
The patient is aware of the risks and potential benefits of spinal adjustments, and it is crucial that the patient’s consent after great orientation to the patient.
2) Archive of Medical Records
As mandated by HIPAA, medical practitioners, particularly those engaging in naturopathic manipulation, are required to keep medical records of the patient that undergo spinal adjustments from the start of the treatment until the patient’s recovery.
All records must be legible and complete so that a medical professional can review the medical records from past and be able to relate it with the current and future diagnosis and perform the needed treatment in a continuum.
3) Diagnosis and Multiple Tests Impression
- Diagnosis is both an art and science.
- The diagnosis that is in force and impression of medical practitioners must be made available in the absence of a definite diagnosis. It can be done by assessing the complaints of the patient and formulate an impression and continue with therapy treatment and whatever will be the result can either be used for referral. Is limitless pill for real? This is one concept that can be made part of the assessment of medical practitioners.
4) How regular and how long was the treatment
- The treatment plan shall base on the HXOI, SOAP information, MRI, X-Rays, EMG/NCV studies of the patient. Whoever performs treatment to the patient must do physical medicine and rehabilitation examination to be able to have a precise diagnosis, which findings shall be the reference for continuous treatment of the patient.
- Sometimes duration of the treatment plan is modified if there was a delay in applying treatment to the patient. It usually happens when government and insurance demand paperwork from the injured like victims of vehicular accidents.
- The situation of the patient must be monitored at all times to assess if there improvements and if none, the medical practitioner shall devise an alternative treatment plan of cure or seek advice from other colleagues.
5) Assessment Guidelines
There are two guidelines to follow to assess if therapy procedures are efficient and free from any side effects:
The general situation of the patient in consonance with the patient’s complaint.
The risks that the procedure entails in the performance of the therapeutic adjustment.
6) Contravention (Contraindication) and Complications
The meaning of Complication: It is an unforeseen disorder as a result of a treatment procedure.
Guidelines for SMT Contraindications
Absolute Contravention to high-speed manipulations
- Atlantoaxial instability (AAI). Visible in congenital syndromes such as:
- Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome (KTS)
- Os odontoid
- Trisomy or DNS (Down’s syndrome)
- Demineralization (2 regular deviations on Gaussian function)
- Patella acute dislocation
- Fractures, dislocations, fractures that are healing with ligament rupture and instability.
- rheumatoid arthritides
- seronegative spondyloarthropathies (SpA)
- critical ankylosing spondylitis
High-speed thrust manipulation restrictions on patients who have spondylolisthesis/spondylolysis which conditions are not contravention but with continuous slippage will result to a contraindication.
Weakening of the Bones and Critical Disorders
- Aseptic necrosis / Osteonecrosis
- Fibrous dysplasia/FD
- Bone and joint infections is contravention with high-speed adjustments
- Transient Ischemic Attack / TIA has a possibility of stroke if treated with cervical adjustments
- Vertebrobasilar insufficiency syndrome / VIS
- Neurological ailments.
- Acute Cauda Equina Syndrome /CES
Relative Contravention to high-speed thrust manipulation
- Patients who have severe joint disorders and soft tissue injuries will require treatment modification.
- Anticoagulant therapy/blood dyscrasias
- Imbalance/articular hypermobility
- Osteochondroma/benign bone tumors
- Thoracolumbar junction for elderly may cause injuries.
- Caution on osteopenia
- Post-surgical joints or segment that is imbalanced.
- An existing disc herniation/prolapse.
7) Maintenance Requirements SMT Normal Practice
- The requirement of an SMT consent from the patient by doctors in the performance of treatment.
- Doctors are required to attend SMT in CE if they would like to indulge in SMT technology and have firsthand information about a pill in Limitless.
8) Emergency Procedures for Stroke After Cervical Adjustment
- CVA Signs and Symptoms:
- Dizziness; vertigo; giddiness; lightheadedness.
- Dropdown attacks; unconsciousness.
- Diplopia/Visual disturbances
- Dysarthria/difficulty to speak
- Dysphasia/difficulty in swallowing.
- Ataxia of gait and coordination
- Numbness/one part of the body/face.
In Emergency Cases
- Understand clearly the signs/symptoms of CVA injury. Restrictions on the adjustment of the neck after findings of brainstem ischemia.
- Monitor the patient, symptoms might recover.
- Notify the emergency room if the situation of the patient gets severe.
- Make sure you relate what happened accurately so that the right treatment is quickly applied.
Christine Taylor is a health researcher and she is an active advocate of brain and mental health. Together with Omni Bio Pharma, she passionately educates and helps people learn more about maintaining brain health for better living. She is a professional paraglider and a mother to her pet chinchilla Bagel.